After the BBC claimed to be ‘horrified’ at allegations about Jimmy Savile and sex abuse, more women have come forward to add to the controversy.
Yet the media still call this abuser ‘Sir’
According to today’s UK Guardian, two women have come forward with further allegations of sexual abuse by Savile.
The BBC now says it will assist any police investigation.
One alleged victim waived her anonymity to describe how she and a friend were allegedly molested by the Jim’ll Fix It star in the 1970s when they were 14.
Dee Coles told ITV News that she and her friend were made to perform sex acts on Savile in a camper van when they were on holiday in Jersey.
“He didn’t seem like a stranger. He was on our telly every Saturday night. It was exciting being with someone on TV,” said Coles.
“But I felt immense panic as soon as the door locked. Afterwards, it was shame.”
Unbelievably, Michael Grade told Channel 4 News on Tuesday night that he heard rumours about Savile’s conduct while he was boss of BBC 1, but said any suggestion of a cover-up was ”ludicrous’.
Grade said he had fleetingly heard rumours, claiming: “There were question marks, certainly.” But he added: “I never heard anything that gave me cause to think we should investigate or do anything about it. There were questions, but the entertainment industry is awash on a sea of rumours.”
But as this Savile bloke had access to children and vulnerable people, Grade’s hand-wringing counts for nothing. If he had heard stuff he should have investigated and not stopped his own journalists from doing so properly.
News broke today that creepy former Radio 1 deejay and television presenter Jimmy Savile was interviewed under caution by Surrey police in 2007 about sexual assault allegations dating back to the 1970s.
However, the force dropped its 2007 investigation after the Crown Prosecution Service advised that there was insufficient evidence for a prosecution, the force said on Monday.
The development came to light after up to 10 women told a documentary they were assaulted by the Jim’ll Fix It frontman, who died last year.
The supposed ‘lack of evidence’ can be read to mean Savile was rich and connected to powerful figures, as a former BBC presenter says she actually caught him abusing a young girl.
Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini has added to the claims that Savile sexually abused schoolchildren, claiming the star used his charity work and ‘imperial personality’ within show business to prevent his private life being exposed.
Speaking ahead of a forthcoming ITV documentary that claims Savile abused schoolgirls during his many years of stardom, Gambaccini said his former Radio 1 colleague played tabloid newspapers “like a Stradivarius” in order to keep the abuse secret.
Now the BBC is under pressure to explain why it stopped an investigation by it’s own journalists.
Late last year the BBC decided to drop a Newsnight item investigating allegations of sexual abuse by Savile, who died last October aged 84, leading to accusations the piece was ‘killed’ to spare the Corporation’s reputation. Instead, two tribute programmes celebrating his BBC career were aired.
However, a BBC spokesman said no evidence of any allegations of misconduct had ever been found in its files, so it was “simply not possible for the Corporation to take any further action”.
The Roman Catholic Church is an Evil Scam
Most everybody knows priests in the Catholic Church have abused children since time immemorial, and this begs the question, “How has this been allowed to continue for so long?” And also, “What steps have been taken to stop this and how are they protecting children now?”
Well, the answers don’t make comfortable reading. In the same way tobacco companies have shifted their evil wares to less developed countries, the RC church moves its abusing clerics to other parishes, dioceses and nations.
And then it covers up the crimes.
In the USA alone over 6500 kids have been abused and thousands of priests accused. Now imagine how many have been molested globally…
So what did His Holiness the Pope do to help these thousands of children? He wrote the Crimen Sollicitationis.
Click here for BBC documentary exposing this awful organisation.
Created in 1962 by one Cardinal Ratzinger, Crimen Sollicitationis was issued in secret to bishops across the world and outlined procedures to be followed when dealing with allegations of child abuse, homosexuality and bestiality by members of the clergy.
It swore all parties involved to secrecy on pain of excommunication from the Catholic Church.
This document was reissued in 2001 by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and sent to all bishops.
Yet rather than ordering more openness and cooperation with the authorities as demanded by both law enforcers and the victims, Ratzinger reiterated its policies and ensured that the Code of Silence be applied to all cases of child abuse involving a priest.
Cardinal Ratzinger also instructed that all cases should now be referred to his office directly and that he would maintain ‘exclusive competence’ over the handling of allegations.
This is the Catholic Church’s policy to this day and Cardinal Ratzinger is now Pope Benedict XVI.
The policy laid out in this evil document has led to systemic failure and allowed a significant number of priests to abuse again, and further children have been put at risk.
How can people still allow these evil men access to their children? They claim to be ‘Holy’ but in reality act more like Cosa Nostra – the Sicilian Mafia.
The Roman Catholic hierarchy have a Code of Silence, the Mafia have Omerta.
Protect your children by never leaving them alone with a priest, vicar or any other so-called ‘Holy’ man and join the fight to
KEEP RELIGION OUT OF SCHOOLS
Roman Catholic church’s paedophile investigator jailed for possessing thousands of child porn images
This report below is absolutely outrageous – why on earth should this man even have any access to victims of sex abuse? Members of the Catholic Church are regularly convicted of abusing children – so why should they sit on these types of teams? I suppose his job was to keep the Church out of further allegations.
Also the bloke got one year in prison – one year – was the judge a Catholic as well? Or a fellow abuser?
It’s all so corrupt and these monsters have the nerve to campaign against gay marriage…
A Catholic Church child safety coordinator who was in charge of investigating sexual abuse allegations was jailed for 12 months today for internet pedophile offences.
Christopher Jarvis, 49, a married father-of-four, investigated historic claims of child abuse, interviewing the victims when they were adults.
He was responsible for child protection at 120 churches and parish community groups for nine years.
He also, as a member of the Devon and Cornwall Multi-Agency Safeguarding Team, had access to police and social services information about victims of child abuse.